Event Technician, Singapore
Live Events/Transmissions/Video Conferencing:
- Support all the In-house and offsite Events
- Set up computers and A/V equipment for events (occasionally providing after-hours event support).
- Support in-house Video Conferencing technology
- Communicate effectively with PICs to identify needs and evaluate solutions
- Responsible for contacting requestors for the purpose of planning, and ultimately setting up the requested Live streaming, Video conferencing, recording equipment, microphones, speakers, projectors, video screens and/or video monitors, and as required, operating these components indoors or outdoors, or as required for other assignments.
- Monitor sound and audio feeds to ensure quality.
- Clean and maintain audio and video equipment and ensure that they are stored properly.
- Diagnose, test and resolve A/V equipment and media system problems as part of the regularly scheduled preventative maintenance cycle.
- Prepare solutions ad-hoc for events with special technical requirements
- Operate and monitor equipment during meetings, such as sound levels, remote cameras, video playback, and webcasting
- Understand the standards of current live event production and to be able to specify the appropriate equipment according to each event.
- Provide regular feedback on communication issues and service improvements.
- Focus on service/operational issues for review.
- Establish and maintain good working relationships with global counterparts within the organisation.
- Hold and attend regular meetings within the team within the team to discuss service and operations issues.
- At least 4 years of experience working in an AV industry and minimally 2 years in an Event Support role in a corporate setting.
- Knowledge and hands on experience of the following manufacturers: Crestron, Extron, AMX, Polycom, Biamp, Clearone, Cisco.
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Positive attitude to helping and assisting customers.
- Calm temperament and capable of staying composed when working under pressure.
- Good team player and able to work independently.
- Must be organized, able to multi-task, and great time management and must always be punctual.
- Must be a detailed, patient and fast worker.
- Willingness to learn and demonstrate ability to progress their own career.
- Drive to exceed expectations and in delivering excellence.